Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Visit to the ER..

Friday Day 22


Friday Morning I woke up feeling so awful.. shivering and nauseous. My blood sugar was sky high I had a 101 fever and an aching head. The only thing I could do is sleep. I slept ALL day.. til like 3pm. Finally I got up and was able to move to the recliner. I was starting to feel a teensy bit better but mom was feeling like we should still call the doc and just let them know what's going on. So, mom gets on the phone.. calls the doctor, starts telling them all my symptoms and they're like, "we really want you to go to the ER tonight, you need to be checked out and make sure everything's ok". I was like, you have got to be kidding me! ..You're probably thinking, why would you need to go to the emergency room over a little flu bug.. Well, here's the deal. When you're a transplant recipient every little thing is taken very seriously and people get nervous and tend to overreact.. So needless to say we spent our Friday night in the ER.. 9 whole hours!! I had blood tests, chest x-ray, ultrasound, and lots of IV fluids. It was a very exciting night. NOT. Luckily I wasn't rejecting which is, I suppose the biggest fear. So That makes me happy! I don't want anything to happen to my beautiful new Liver! We finally got home at 3am and were all so tired but glad to be home in our own beds! whew.

As you can guess, I never made it into my dress and I'd say.. I had a pretty good excuse. Haha.


IV.. I wonder how many of
these I've had in my lifetime.
A lot.



First attempt at placing the IV.. fail.
In keeping with the tradition.. My outfit:
Gray Puma sweats, short Gray Uggs,
Green Ralph Lauren sweatshirt
and a Lovely muli-colored Hospital gown


No comments:

Post a Comment